Transition Lostwithiel collects donations in order to fund projects and events. Our ethos is to run events and projects with minimal expense and using as many donated, reused and recycled materials as possible, but sometimes there are costs involved.
We are very grateful for the donations that we receive from individuals and businesses at one-off and regular Transition Lostwithiel events. These funds are used to cover various expenses incurred in the running of Transition Lostwithiel, such as:
- Hire of venues such as Church Rooms for events
- Gardeners market and Plant & Seed Swap equipment
- Membership of Scrapstore, which will be available to all for any Transition-related projects
Donations we've made
In 2012 our donations were:
- £11 worth of plants to Lostwithiel Community Centre raffle
- £141.32 to feed 120+ performers at LostFest with wraps, tea, coffee, cake, biscuits, fruit
- NCT (National Childbirth Trust) £50
- FOSB £50
- Skateboard Fund £50
- Seeds to give away £50
- Insurance £185.50 in order to showcase local crafts at Local Produce Market and put on events
- Scrapstore membership £35
- Gazebo £87.99
- Handcart £54.99
In 2011 our donations were:
- £50 to St Bart's book sale team
- £50 to coracle and currach making workshops
- £100 for zero waste refreshments for performers at Lostfest
In 2010 we donated £50 again to Friends of St Bartholomew's.
In 2009 we donated £50 to Friends of St Bartholomew's.