- Gardeners market - Saturday 3rd March, 10am - 2pm, Church Rooms. Seed, seedling and plant swap plus nursery and craft stalls.
Lostwithiel Spring Clean Week, 17th to 25th March. Would you like to join in the effort to spruce up our town? Find out what people have already volunteered to do and see if we can help with your idea.
Rags to stitches - Tuesday evenings from 7.30-9pm. Cost £5 per workshop, 10 places on each.
20th March - Make friends with your sewing machine - basic machine skills
3rd April - Make a tote bag
17th April - Hand sewing: make embellishments to decorate your tote bag or other items
Contact Anna by email or land line 01208 872346
Plant & Produce Swap restarts 7th April, every Saturday morning in St Bart's church yard till September. 10am - midday on Saturday mornings alongside the book sale. Plant, seed, seedling, garden equipment and produce swapping (or for donation).
- Up In Smoke, Monday 16th April, documentary about the ground-breaking work of Lostwithiel ecologist Mike Hands who has developed an alternative to slash and burning in Honduras, followed by Q&A
LostFest, Sunday 13th May, the hugely popular day of street arts, crafts, antiques, music, dance and entertainment all over town. It's a family event with arts and crafts stalls, workshops and demonstrations, acoustic music and dance in the streets and venues, plus craft activities for kids. Transition Lostwithiel will again be providing zero waste refreshments to all entertainers taking part.
- Jubilee celebrations over the weekend of 2 & 3 June and bank holidays 4 and 5 June. Loads will be going on all over Lostwithiel, including a town-wide Big Lunch on the Parade on Sunday 3 June. There are free packs if you're planning your own Big Lunch, see their website.
- Garden Society Show, Saturday 1 September at the Community Centre. Enter your compost to win our special trophy. See programmes for entry details or come along the day to see the produce and the Transition Lostwithiel stall.
- Self-help sewing group, Thursday mornings starting 13 September (except the LAST one of hte month) - expert help for £1 a session plus a donation for tea/coffee/biscuits. Experienced stitchers want to pass on their skills such as: dressmaking, new from old, alterations, upcycling and loads more... Beginners welcome or if you have a project you need help with... Relaxed friendly atmosphere in the Methodist meeting room 10-12.30. If anyone has any unwanted sewing bits and pieces, fabrics, patterns ,old scissors, cottons, wadding ,any other sewing equipment or even an old sewing machine then Dianne on 01208 872303 would love to hear from you and can give you more information about the group.
- Improving Lostwithiel Transport - The meeting on 1st Oct and drop-in session on 6th Oct was well attended and produced lots of suggestions for action. A further meeting took place on Saturday November 3rd at 10.00 in the Platform Meeting Room, Lostwithiel Station.
- Apple & Pumpkin Day, Saturday October 20th, Community Centre, noon till 4.30pm at the Community Centre. Lots of lovely apple juice, apple pressing, pumpkin carving and cooking competition and much more. Transition Lostwithiel attended with a stall and games.
- Dickensian Night, Thursday 13th December. Celebrate 200 years since Dickens' birth and 10 years of Dickensian Night. 6pm onwards in the town. Transition Lostwithiel will be in the Drill Hall with many of our crafts people... shops open late, mulled cider, music and singing... dress up and join the fun. Make everyone's Christmas by supporting local shops and businesses!
- Farmers Market - Transition Lostwithiel have set up a contact point at the fortnightly Farmers Market in Lostwithiel Community Centre. The stall will have lots of information, be used as a contact point for ideas and help and we will be showcasing many skills. If it's recycling week it's local produce market week!