Climate change and increasing energy costs will alter our way of life - how we work, shop, travel and live will need to adapt.
Transition Lostwithiel is about using our own creativity and talent to build a closer and more resilient community for everyone to enjoy. It's about making a transition from an unsustainable way of life to a sustainable one.
Great Seed Giveaway! Plant Swap has started and will run every Saturday morning until September from 10-12 in St Bart's Churchard.
Co-operatives Fortnight June 22 - July 6. Find out about local co-operatives which are owned and run by their members, giving people an equal say and share of the profits.
Duchy College Open Day June 22 & 23 10-4
Charity Fayre July 21
- Come and say hello at the Rotary Charity Fayre .. July 21st
- See the renovated costumes for the Christmas Pageant, and pick a character you would like to be !!
- Meet the Lostwithiel Self-help Sewing Group and make a cute finger puppet
- Pick up a preloved bargain, buy a foraging stick and much more!
Big Lunch Extras: 6-9 September. A whole weekend to pick up the inspiration, practical skills and the confidence to make real, positive changes within your community.
FREE THINGS - contact us if you're interested
- Small greenhouse heater - runs on some type of paraffin we think!
- Hanging baskets
- Plastic window box
- Cactus plantation (see photo)
Low Impact Initiative promotes sustainable living, run permaculture courses and have produced a series of DIY guide book.
Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change are running a Cornwall wide Growing Food and Composting project and run a number of workshops and training courses
Growing Together in Cornwall for sharing resources, info and experience with other growers