Climate change and increasing energy costs will alter our way of life - how we work, shop, travel and live will need to adapt.
Transition Lostwithiel is about using our own creativity and talent to build a closer and more resilient community for everyone to enjoy. It's about making a transition from an unsustainable way of life to a sustainable one.
Dickensian Night Thursday 11th December 6-9pm - traditional Victorian costumes, stalls, street food, choirs and bands, Santa's grotto (with Santa in green robes!), storytelling and heaps of traditional festive fun.
New choir starting Friday 9th January 2015: Bring Kids and Sing!
- Come and join a NEW choir for parents, grandparents & carers – sing while your children play!
- Fridays 10am to 11.30am @ The Scout Hut, Lostwithiel
- Singing leader – Nick Hart
- £3.50 per adult, including tea & coffee – no charge for children
- Bring babies in pram or sling
- Toys provided for preschool-aged children
- All welcome - no auditions & no experience necessary
- For more info & to register an interest contact Tia – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07968 501 384
- Find us on Facebook: Lostwithiel Bring kids and Sing!
Swishes will be held at the Community Centre on the last Saturday of the month throughout the summer from 10.30 - 12. For £2 you can swap items of clothing from your wardrobe that you no longer wear, don’t like or don't fit and pick up clothes that you will wear, do like and will wear!
Lostwithiel Rug Hookers - Long Room, Community Centre, every Tuesday 10.00am to 12.30pm. £2 per session. More info.
Stop hidden fees - sign the petition to stop banks and brokers hiding fees in foreign exchanges.
Lostwithiel Forum has created a fantastic guide to day excursions from Lostwithiel to all over Cornwall on public transport - these will be gradually updated with visitor information and when timetables change..
Apple Day and launch of the Devon and Cornwall Food Association Food Hub took place at the Community Centre on 11th October
Tempus Leisure, a government funded charity, are offering over 50s free swimming and other fitness activities … just go along to Dragon Centre and sign up for a BREEZE card and then there are loads of free activities through until December. Email email@example.com or ring 01208 75715
Lostwithiel's version of Freecycle... New wanted/ offers/ free to good home notice board at the Lostwithiel Community Centre - now available.